Terms and Conditions
- Minimum driver age is 21 years.
- Drivers must hold a current full NZ or International licence, or any national licence in the English language.
- Daily rates over 3 days include unlimited free km on all petrol vehicles, but diesel vehicles pay a 5 cents per km government diesel tax.
- Insurance and GST is included in our daily rates.
Standard Insurance Cover
All of our vehicles have full, standard insurance included in the daily rate. The standard excess for drivers over 21 is:
- $863 for cars and station wagons ($1500 for single vehicle accident)
- $2000 for 8-seater coach and sleeper / camper vans
A current and valid credit card (not debit) is required and will be imprinted by Ascot Rental Cars, but no money will be taken from the card / account at the start of the hire. Instead, these credit card details will be retained for security purposes until such time as the vehicle is returned in good condition. A condition report on the hire vehicle is carried out at the start of the hire period, and the hirer will receive a copy of this report.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
For drivers aged 21-24 the (CDW) excess is lowered to $0 with an additional payment of $20/day.
For drivers aged 25 and over the (CDW) excess is lowered to $0 with an additional payment of $15/day.
- Ascot Rental Cars accepts most major credit cards as payment, as well as EFTPOS and cash.
- Rental car rates are subject to change without notice.
- Free Central City pick up and drop off.